This will not be your average family portrait, this will be FUN! Whether your family is just the two of you or includes kids young, grown-up, furry or all three I promise to capture the true essence of your clan. There are so many ways that we can work together to make your family portrait session fun for everyone:
- Get the “traditional” shot done first: We want to get this shot done quickly so that we can have lots of time for fun! While I want to focus on candid shots, I completely understand the importance of the “everyone looking at the camera” photo.
- Plan an activity: What do your kids like to do? Let’s do that! Everyone looks nice when they’re having fun, trust us. Do the kids like the lake? Let’s walk on the beach, build sandcastles, skip stones and chase the waves. Do you have budding artists in your clan? Let’s make a GIANT painting, paint with our fingers, paint on each other, getting dirty makes for great photos.
- Wear what you like: Please, please please don’t wear all matching outfits. Like matching bridesmaids it’s pretty old school and just looks kind of silly. You look best in your favorite outfit because you feel the best in your favorite outfit. This goes for kids too! If they want to wear a batman cape with a Finding Nemo t-shirt and a pink tutu, go for it! I want to capture your super awesome family as they are, not as some magazine says they should be.
- Wake up early: You have probably noticed that kids are astonishingly perky in the morning, let’s harness that energy into great photos!!! I’m happy to bring coffee for all the adults and your kids’ excitement will be contagious. Plus, the light here in the morning is so pretty!
- Pick a great location: We’ve got your back on this one! We love to shoot at Sugar Pine Point State Park, “the field” off Highway 267 (if you’ve ever driven on this road, you know the one), Commons Beach and have heaps of other places to suggest. We also love coming to your home or vacation rental!
The kids aren’t getting any younger, call or send us an email today before they get all growed-up!