Congratulations on your engagement! This is a wonderful, exciting time in your life that should definitely be documented. There are so many great locations for engagement shoots in the Lake Tahoe Reno area or I can come to you, I love to travel and see new places! I love to do engagement shoots at Hidden Beach, on the shores of the Truckee River, basking in the golden light of Martis Valley or overlooking Emerald Bay. Whatever location you choose for your Lake Tahoe engagement session, here are some tips to make your shoot the best it can be:
- Make light your priority: The golden hour (the hour before sunset) is ridiculously beautiful here in Tahoe! If you can book your engagement session during this time, yay! You can put in your location of choice and date to get the exact sunset time on this website: http://www.sunrisesunset.com/usa/
- The two hours following sunrise are also excellent but I understand that you probably don’t want to get up that early. If you can’t shoot in the morning or evening, no worries! We’ll work together to figure out an excellent location with the perfect light no matter what time of day!
- Loosen up: You’ve probably never done this before and that’s ok! I’m here to help! There’s no way you can look bad because you’re awesome, trust me. If it helps, have a beer/cocktail/glass of wine beforehand. I’d be happy to treat you to a drink so we can get to know each other before the shoot.
- Keep moving: Dance, jump, skip run, tickle, play! If your body is moving it will look natural. I prefer to let you interact with your partner naturally but if you get stuck, I’m happy to give direction. Feel free to bring props that are relevant to your relationship such as sports equipment, special pieces of clothing, souvenirs from trips, etc.
- Wear what you like: You look best when you feel your best, so wear your favorite outfit, yes, even if you’re a t-shirt and jeans guy/gal. Don’t try to make yourself into someone else. If you’re uncomfortable with a particular body part just let me know, I get it! I’ll do my best to make you feel good about yourself, because you should.
Call or email me today to book your engagement session!